Laura Hill – Nursery Manager
I have worked here at Phoenix since it opened in 2005, giving me over 12 years experience of working within a nursery. I have a BTEC National Certificate in Early Years and Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Management. Most importantly I have plenty of experience in looking after children, having 3 young boys of my own.
Maria Currey – Nursery Manager
I have worked for Phoenix since 2001 and joined the nursery here at its current site in 2005 as the manager with Laura. I have a BTEC Diploma in Advanced Nursery Management and I am a qualified NVQ Assessor. Outside of nursery I have 2 young girls to keep me busy.
Johanna Smith – Deputy Manager
I also have over 12 years experience of working within the childcare profession, having been a registered child minder for 8 years, then moving on to become Baby Room Leader and subsequently Deputy Manager here at Phoenix. I have BSc(Hons) in Early childhood Education and Care. I also have 3 children of my own and 4 grandchildren.
- All of our staff are selected for their personal attributes as well as their qualifications, and possess personal qualities such as kindness, enthusiasm, cheerfulness and above all, a genuine love of being with children.
- Dedicated staff who create a happy and welcoming atmosphere.
- All of our staff are expected and supported to qualify to at least an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare.
- We have a long tradition of encouraging and supporting staff in their continued professional development.
- Staff possess paediatric first aid training and basic food hygiene certificates.
- All staff are fully and regularly DBS checked (formally known as CRB).